Download and install the Zoom App on your computer, smartphone or tablet prior to joining a meeting
- Go to zoom.us
- Click “Sign Up – It’s Free” at the upper right, OR
- Go to the “Resources” tab at the upper right and click on “Download Zoom Client”
- Follow the instructions listed
Note: if you click on a link to join a Zoom and do not already have Zoom installed, you will be prompted to download the app before you can join the call.
Join a Zoom Call
A few minutes before your Zoom is scheduled to begin, click on the Zoom link, or enter the meeting id and password you were given. Once you join, you will be placed into a waiting room and you will be admitted to the meeting/service about 5 minutes before the start time.
Tips for ParticipatingThere is a menu of options at the bottom of your screen (if you don't see the menu, just move your cursor to or tap the bottom of your screen (if on a laptop) or on the top (if your tablet/phone), and it will pop up):
- Mute – When you join a meeting you will be automatically muted. For some programming you will be unable to unmute yourself, the organizer will be the only one that is able to.
- Chat – This opens a panel where you can type a question or make a comment. Within the panel, you will have options for chatting with everyone or selecting a specific participant.
- Raise Hand – Click “participants”, once that pops up there will be an option that says raise hand. For some programming the host will ask you to raise your hand if you have a question.
- Leave Meeting – When the meeting ends (or when you need to go), simply close the app.
Need some more help:
- A simple how-to guide or a short video.
- If you experience any problems with technology, we have set up a help-line to aid you in navigating what to many of us is new software and a new way of connecting. Please call 312-834-3259 or email Rebecca Frazin, and we will do our best to help solve any issues we can.