Last Updated: September 1, 2015
Copyright © 2015 Chicago Sinai Congregation. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Acceptance of Terms
The Terms are a legal and binding agreement between you and Sinai covering your access and use of the Website. By accessing and/or using the Website you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Terms and any other applicable law. You shall also be subject to any additional Terms posted with respect to individual sections of this Website. If you do not agree with the Terms, please do not use the Website.
Sinai may change the Terms at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the Website. You agree to review the Terms regularly to make yourself aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Website shall be considered your acceptance of the revised Terms.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Sinai at:
Chicago Sinai Congregation
15 West Delaware
Chicago, Illinois 60610
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 312-867-7000
Website Content and Use
Sinai owns, licenses, or uses with permission all Content, and reserves all rights, relating to all Content on the Website. Sinai grants those who access the Website limited, nonexclusive permission to view and use information and materials from the Website for personal, non-commercial use. Nothing in the Terms shall be interpreted as granting any license or transfer of intellectual property rights to you or any other party.
Sinai reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify permission to use and display the Content, that, in its sole judgment, does not comply with the Terms, or that might otherwise impair its rights in the Content.
The permission to use the Content is subject to the following restrictions:
1. You may not make derivative works of the Content.
2. You agree not to change or delete any ownership or attribution notices from Content used on or printed from the Website.
3. You must not use the Content in any way that would confuse any party as to the relationship between you and Sinai.
4. You may not mimic or make use of Sinai’s Website or advertising in any way that may cause confusion as to the source of your or Sinai’s content or services.
5. You may not use the Content in any parody of Sinai, employees of Sinai, or Sinai’s content, services, or intellectual property.
6. You may not use the Content in any way that would disparage Sinai or Sinai’s reputation.
7. You may not use the Content on any aggregation, auction, comparison or mirror site without prior written permission from Sinai.
8. Except for use under the conditions in the Terms, no permission is given to re-post on another website, transmit, change, distribute, sell, or use the Content of this Website (or a portion thereof) for any other purposes, in any media, without prior written permission from Sinai.
9. Sinai’s permission to use the Content does not create any relationship between you and Sinai. You must not use the Content in any way that might mislead any party into believing that such a relationship exists.
“User Content” includes, but is not limited to, any messages, comments, screen names, computer files, communications, profiles, notes, information, opinions, website links, images, photographs, text, symbols, music, videos, designs, graphics, sounds, and any other content that you and/or other Website users publish, display, upload, disclose, transmit, store, share or otherwise make available (“post”) on or through the Website, except to the extent the content is owned by Sinai. By posting on the Website you agree to:
- Be Responsible – You are solely responsible for your User Content, your interactions with other users and your activity on the Website. Do not take any action or post anything that may expose Sinai or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- Be Relevant and Constructive – Stay on topic and post only constructive comments and questions.
- Be Courteous and Appropriate – Inappropriate behavior is prohibited and Sinai reserves the right to control the User Content posted on the Website and may, in its sole discretion, remove User content it deems inappropriate. Do not post comments, text, photos or videos of another person or location without consent from the other person or the owner of the location.
- Be Yourself – Do not post anonymously or impersonate any person or entity. Do not misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with any person or entity. Do not use or attempt to use another person’s account, username, or password.
- Be Original – You represent that you own or control all rights in any User Content that you post on the Website. You are responsible for ensuring that any User Content that you post does not, and will not, infringe or violate anyone else’s rights, including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights. You agree not to submit User Content unless you are the owner or have written permission from the owner to post such User Content and grant Sinai all of the license rights granted in these Terms. You agree to maintain the copyright or other proprietary notices embedded in or attached to any User Content.
- Be Legal – Do not post any User Content, take any action, or use the Website in a way that violates any law, would create liability, or promotes illegal activities. Do not take any action on the Website designed to interfere, disrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or limit the functionality of the Website, servers, or networks connected to the Website, or any computer software or hardware, telecommunications equipment. Do not post User Content that contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to modify, alter, interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment. Do not circumvent, disable, or modify any security or data-protection measures implemented by Sinai.
- Be Private – Do not post personal information of your own or another person; Do not collect or solicit personally identifiable information from other Website users or send unsolicited emails or other communications using any contact information from or derived from the Website; Do not collect, use, or post on the Website personal information of another person, without their consent or for illegal purposes. These prohibitions include but are not limited to: personal email address, Twitter handle, Facebook information, any other social media contact information, account information, social security numbers, credit card or banking information, phone number, personal phone number, personal address, and personal photograph.
- Not Use the Website for Personal Purposes – The Website shall not be used for any personal or otherwise commercial purpose. Do not post nor transmit any advertising, solicitation or commercial content whatsoever on or through the Website or accept payment from a third party in exchange for your performing commercial activity on the Website. Do not post any User Content that involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming.” Do not use nor launch automated scripts to collect information from, or otherwise interact with, the Website.
Rights to User Content
Your User Content is in no way confidential or proprietary. By providing User Content you grant to Sinai, and warrant you have the right to grant, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, transferrable, and perpetual right and license to use in any manner or media now or later developed, for any purpose, editorial, commercial, promotional, advertising, or otherwise, in connection with Sinai products, services and other uses of any kind including, but not limited to, the right to record, archive, display, reproduce, modify, change, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, sublicense, distribute, assign and commercialize in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you and without any payment due to you. Sinai may license or sublicense, in whole or in part, to third parties rights in User Content as appropriate. You also agree that we may make User Content available to users of the Website who may display and redistribute it in the same way that we make other Content available.
User grants Sinai the right to use, in Sinai’s sole discretion, the name, or other identification information submitted by User in connection with User Content. User represents and warrants that User owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the User Content; that the User Content is accurate; that use of the User Content does not violate this Agreement and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that User will indemnify Sinai for all claims resulting from the User Content. Sinai takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content.
Management of User Content
The Website may include information from a variety of sources, individuals, and organizations other than and unrelated to Sinai. Sinai neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy of any User Content. Sinai does not guarantee routine monitoring, curating, previewing, censoring, approving, editing, or endorsing User Content and cannot guarantee that inappropriate, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable material will not be posted. Sinai reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to review, edit, move, remove, delete, or refuse to post any User Content from time to time that comes to Sinai’s attention that it considers in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. Conduct by any user that, at the sole discretion of Sinai, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website will not be permitted. Sinai reserves the right to refuse access to the Website to any user for any reason, including, without limitation, a reasonable belief that the user in question has violated these Terms, any other operating rules or terms currently posted on the Website, or any of the intellectual property laws of the United States.
All intellectual property on the Website (except for User Content) is owned, licensed, or used with permission by Sinai, which includes materials which may be protected by copyright or other laws. All content on the Website (except for User Content), including but not limited to text, software, scripts, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features and all other information and materials (“Content”) is a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of Sinai. All rights reserved.
Sinai’s trademarks and logos shall not be used by any other party without advance written permission of Sinai.
Sinai intends to respect the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (hereafter “DMCA”) provides a complaint procedure for copyright owners who believe that content on the Website infringes their rights under U.S. Copyright Law. If you believe that any content on the Website infringes your copyright, please use the process noted below to notify Sinai. Sinai will endeavor to review and, if deemed appropriate, in its sole discretion, remove content only after receiving notice as outlined below.
All claims of copyright infringement must be in writing and must be directed to Sinai’s DMCA Agent below:
By email: email@example.com
DMCA Agent – Executive Director
Chicago Sinai Congregation
15 West Delaware
Chicago, Illinois 60610
Please consider consulting a legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice with Sinai’s DMCA Agent. There can be penalties for making false claims under the DMCA.
Your notice to Sinai must contain the following information to give Sinai legally sufficient notice to of the alleged infringement:
1. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Sinai to contact you, such as an email address, a physical address, and a telephone number.
2. An electronic or physical signature by the legal owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the legal owner of the copyright interest.
3. Identification of the specific copyrighted Work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted Works at a single website are covered by a single claim, a representative list of such Works on the Website including a copy of the copyright registration for any allegedly infringed Works.
Identification of the material claimed to be infringing and requested to be removed or disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Sinai to locate the material on the Website such as a copy of the direct link on the Website.
5. A written statement that you have a good faith belief that the alleged infringing use is not authorized in any way by the legal copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the legal copyright owner or legally authorized to act on behalf of the legal copyright owner.
Hyperlinking to Sinai’s Website is permitted only if the Content is shown in its entirety, without alteration and without framing. You may link directly to specific pages, files, or content available on Sinai’s Website provided that your use is for informational and/or reference purposes only. You are not permitted to use linking to members only or password protected pages, files, or content. You may not use links to access pages, files, or graphics on Sinai’s Website or otherwise use Sinai’s Website to host content for your website. Sinai is not responsible for and under no circumstances shall be liable for updating your website or any links you make to Sinai’s Website or for providing you notice regarding changes to our Website that may affect your links. By accessing Sinai’s Website you agree that you will remove promptly any links at Sinai’s request without question.
Third Party Links
Limitations of Liability
You access the Website at your own risk. The Website, including its Content, and its function is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind and any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement are specifically disclaimed. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Neither Sinai nor its affiliates, employees, agents, or third party content providers shall be liable for any loss resulting from use, the inability to use, the unavailability of information or content on the Website, or any services provided through the Website or the conduct of other Website users (whether online or offline) any User Content, even if Sinai has been advised of the possibility of such damages including but not limited to, any lost profits, loss or damage to data, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, compensatory or incidental damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Sinai’s liability in all events is limited to, and shall not exceed, the amounts, if any, paid by you to Sinai directly related only to the matter at issue. Your only remedy against Sinai for use of the Website or any content is to stop using the Website.
Sinai does not represent or warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes the Website available are free of viruses or anything else harmful. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain Content at your own risk, and that you will be solely responsible for your use and any damage to your computer system, loss of data or other harm of any kind that may result.
Sinai will endeavor to use appropriate security when transferring and receiving information exchanged with our Website. Despite precautions, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Sinai cannot represent, warrant, or otherwise provide any guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy. You transmit any personal information at your own risk.
Information Collected, Opt Out, Change of Information
Sinai does not collect any personal information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose that information. This may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. Should you choose to supply Sinai with this information, Sinai will not, sell or trade your personal information to third parties. Sinai may use your personal information to electronically distribute to you Newsletters, Bulletins, and other updates that Sinai prepares. You may choose to opt-out of receiving e-mails or other forms of communication from Sinai at any time by using the “Contact Us“ information provided in these Terms. Due to production, mailing, and system timing, it may take some time to process your request.
Recordings – Notice, Consent, Release, Waiver
When you are at Sinai’s building at 15 West Delaware, Chicago (the “Premises”) you will be in an area where photography, video, and audio recording (“Recordings”) may occur. Sinai may make Recordings of services and related activities and may use such Recordings in its publications, outreach materials, news, and on the Website in many formats including but not limited to static images, slideshows, on demand, and streaming formats. By visiting the Premises, you consent to such Recordings their release, publication, exhibition, performance, and/or reproduction to be used by Sinai. You agree to release and do release Sinai its Rabbis, officers, employees, laity, and each and all persons involved with the Recordings from any liability connected with the Recordings. By visiting the Premises you agree to waive and do waive all rights you may have to any claims for inspection, approval, payment and/ or royalties in connection with any release, publication, exhibition, performance, streaming, webcasting, or other publication of the Recordings, regardless of the purpose.
Sinai does not undertake to maintain any information about you for a duration greater than necessary to provide services to you. Sinai will only use it for the purposes for which it was submitted, unless you indicate otherwise. By providing your mobile number for delivery of content, you will be deemed to have given Sinai permission to store your mobile number for the purposes of delivering such content.
Disclosure of Information
Sinai may disclose specific information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law, to enforce the Website Terms, or to protect Sinai or others’ rights, property, or safety. Sinai reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that, in good faith, are believed to be unlawful. Sinai may share information to prevent illegal uses of the Website or violations of the Terms, or defend itself against third-party claims. Sinai may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. Sinai does not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
Third Party Contact
Sinai may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on behalf of Sinai. These services may include but are not limited to fulfilling orders placed by you, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing service, performing business analysis, supporting our Website functionality, and supporting surveys and other features offered through our Website by phone or mail. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions for Sinai but are not authorized to share or use such information for any other purposes.
To help you personalize your online experience, Sinai may use “Cookies.” “Cookies” are small files that are transferred to your system for record-keeping purposes. One of the primary purposes of Cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, Cookies help to recognize you when you re-enter the Website so that you will not have to log in each time you visit. Cookies also help to collect anonymous traffic data, such as the number of unique and return visitors who use our Website. In addition, Cookies may be placed with Users visiting from advertising banners and hyperlinks on other websites to track the success of a particular advertising campaign or marketing program.
You agree to abide by any relevant terms and conditions of purchase supplied by any party with whom you deal with or through the Website, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with all rules and restrictions regarding availability of products or services. You agree that all the information you provide in connection with any purchase made on or through the Website will be true and accurate.
Sinai does not knowingly solicit or collect information from persons under the age of 13. Sinai does not have a mechanism for determining the age of the visitors to the Website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and hold Sinai, its directors, officers, affiliates, employees, agents, and licensors harmless from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your User Content, your use of Content, your use of the Website, your conduct in connection with the Website or with other Website users, or any violation of any of these Terms, any law, or the rights of any third party. Sinai reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you agree to fully cooperate with Sinai in asserting any available claims and/or defenses.
The website is operated, in whole or in part, from the United States. By using the Website, regardless of where you live in the world, you consent to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States, and allow Sinai to use and collect your personal information in accordance with the Terms.
You agree that the Website, Terms, and any dispute between you and Sinai shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to choice of law provisions. You consent to waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Illinois. If you are an agent for or an employee of a non-U.S. company but operate in a place of business in the U.S. or its territories, you expressly agree that any dispute regarding this agreement shall be adjudicated within the U.S. in the manner described herein. If Sinai is obligated to go to court to enforce any of the Terms and/or any of its rights, you agree to reimburse Sinai for its respective legal fees, costs, and disbursements if Sinai receives an at least partially successful judgment.
Except where prohibited, you agree that all disputes, claims and legal proceedings directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Website (including but not limited to the purchase of goods or services from Sinai) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the state or federal courts located in the State of Illinois.
Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Website (including but not limited to the purchase of goods or services from Sinai) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Sinai may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
By using the Website, you agree to receive certain electronic communications from Sinai. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure, or other communication that Sinai sends you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Sinai’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of these Terms shall not be considered a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall modify any of these Terms.
If any provision herein is found unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. In the event of a conflict between such Terms and these provisions, such specific Terms shall control. The Terms and any other operating rules or Terms currently posted on the Website constitute the entire agreement between Sinai and the users of the Website, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No action or inaction of Sinai may be construed as a waiver of any part of the Terms. Specific areas or pages of this Website may include additional or different terms relating to the use of the Website or the rights or obligations of you or Sinai.
Sinai reserves the right in its sole discretion to limit and/or terminate your access to the Website, delete any User Content, and restrict your use of all or any part of the Website for any or no reason, without notice, and without liability to you or anyone else. Sinai also reserves the right to block users from certain IP addresses and prevent access to the Website.