EngageChicago Sinai offers different ways for you to connect with others in our Jewish community who share common interests. Whether our monthly speaker’s forum or bookclub or movie series, events in the larger cultural community or bonding with similar-age colleagues, there’s an event for you! In fact, you might be inspired to explore something new.
50s and BeyondEnjoy an opportunity to learn and socialize with fellow Sinai members outside of our building.
- In the daytime: Go on architectural and museum tours throughout the Chicagoland area. Our most recent tour was an exciting architectural walking tour around Chicago focusing on Jewish architects and architecture. Our next daytime outing is a brunch and tour at the Illinois Holocaust Museum on November 7. For more information contact Dan Silverstein, at Dansilverstein1@gmail.com
- In the evening: Participate in Shabbat dinners, wine/beer tasting and cooking classes. Mark your calendars: Sip and stir, sauté and simmer in a cooking class on Thursday, November 16. For more information contact Kathleen Marks, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women of SinaiGet together with women of all ages to explore your spirituality, engage in learning or volunteer in social action in the broader community, all while having fun.
- Learn with our rabbis.
- Join us for dinners and cocktails.
- Volunteer together throughout our community.
- Participate in our Annual Women’s Retreat at the American Club in Wisconsin (February 23-25, 2018).
For more information, contact our Director of Programming and Engagement Rebecca Frazin, email@example.com
LINK Sinai (20s and 30s)
The goal: To LINK Jews to Jews and Jews to Judaism. Why not join Jews in their 30s (some younger, some older: we're not telling) in programs like social action opportunities, Torah on Tap, and Jewish holiday parties. For more information contact Rabbi Amanda Greene, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Yourself More (MYM)10:30 Sunday morning at Sinai is a great time to Make Yourself …
- More Connected to yourself, your community and God;
- More Effective in transforming the world into a better place; and
- More Aware about Judaism and issues that affect your family and the world.
- Orot’s Jewish Mindfulness and Meditation.
- Hot Topics with the Rabbis.
- a three-part series with Professor Kenneth Seeskin on the Jewish Conception of God.
- And much more!
Learn more at the MYM kick-off Sunday, October 15 or read more about the upcoming program year.
Sinai Forum Lunch Series
Chicago Sinai is home to many incredible and talented individuals – for you to learn and hear from them make reservations for the last Thursday of every month at 12:30 pm at Sinai. Our future speakers: the former Administrator of the DEA, our Temple’s architects, a partner at DLA Piper, and the Chicago Sun-Times CEO. For more information contact Beryl Byman, at email@example.com
Sinai Film Series
Once a month on Thursdays at 7:00 pm. Zbigniew Banas will lead a discussion of a current film. Participants view the movie in the theatre and meet to discuss the film at Sinai. The cost of S15 per person includes coffee and dessert.
Sinai Bookclub Series
Join fellow congregants for an exploration of both fiction and non-fiction books of Jewish interest on the second Tuesday of each month at 2:00 pm in the Sinai Library.